We aim to create projects with lasting value for our partners.
Asset management forms the foundation of aurelis’ success. This part is responsible for leasing, day-to-day operations, facility management and development of existing properties.
Within the scope of our land development business segment, we transform inner-city derelict land into land ripe for development – complete with infrastructure and planning law. These plots are then sold to investors, developers or other partners. As a result, entire new urban districts are being developed on these plots, which have been unused until then.
Within the scope of our building construction business segment, we construct individual commercial new buildings together with our tenants. Our expertise lies in properties from the warehouse/logistics, offices/administration and education segment. Our plots are located in the fast-growing regions of Germany.
Stability through long-term leasing contracts and risk diversification
aurelis lets open spaces and buildings for commercial use in the industrial, warehouse and logistics, office and service, and retail and leisure segments.
At many locations, we have sites at our disposal that are suitable for a range of commercial uses. This is one of the points, which make us unique, since there are relatively few well developed locations available in this segment.
Our made-to-measure solutions, high-quality customer service and comprehensive, hands-on approach to management helps us maintain a stable tenant base and constantly attract new clients. Cooperation with a multitude of industries, a focus on mid-sized companies and diversification of our portfolio across several property types enables us to minimize our exposure. This helps us to ensure stable rental revenues that are largely independent of the economic climate and financial crises.
We are continuously enhancing the quality of our portfolio, for example, by extending the terms of lease agreements or by reducing ancillary expenses. What’s more, we are adding value to selected sites and buildings through revitalization, refurbishment or construction projects. Our tenants benefit from made-to-measure solutions; and aurelis benefits from the value added to its portfolio.
Our asset management reference projects
Hamburg, Harburger Brücken
Land Development – From brownfield site to living space
As a land developer, we transform brownfield sites into construction-ready development plots, complete with planning-permission, infrastructure and connections to neighboring urban districts. This paves the way for vibrant urban districts to develop. Throughout the entire process, we work closely with local policy makers, public authorities and other stakeholders.
The complex procedure begins with the development of a first usage concept, between site owner and municipality, and continues with market and location analysis, surveys and urban development competitions and ends in the development of a land-use plan. Planning agreements and land improvement contracts define the responsibilities of the owner and the municipality.
Generally, we sell construction-ready development plots complete with infrastructure to investors and developers in conclusion of the land-use plan.
The development process for a disused, inner-city plot comprises the following three phases, which partly run in parallel:
- On the basis of market and site analysis, surveys and feasibility studies, together with the municipality, we develop an initial usage concept.
- As a result, we conclude a joint agreement.
- Where appropriate, urban development competitions are published.
- Stakeholders, multipliers and other persons concerned are identified and integrated at an early stage in structured participation processes.
- After the land-use plan has been set up, the contents of the urban planning and infrastructure contracts are negotiated between the site owner and municipal authority. This includes the the rights and obligations, the technical aspects of implementing the plan, and the key financial data.
- As part of the approval process for the land-use plan, provision is made in this phase for statutory public involvement by publication of the urban development plans.
- Comments from the disclosure are verified and included where appropriate.
- The resolution follows.
- We take care of the deconstruction work and soil treatment, and oversee the relocation of protected flora and fauna to specially constructed biotopes.
- We plan and realize infrastructure provision, supply and disposal and public spaces (parks, green, places).
- The second part of the implementation phase focuses on building construction.
Ongoing monitoring and cost control ensures that the project is financially viable for its entire lifecycle. The basis for this is established in the initial plans, which must be realistic for the given market.
Mutual trust between project partners, transparency, and dependability are equally important success factors.
Frankfurt, The Brick
Spotlight on future markets
We implement construction projects in close consultation with our tenants. Through our activities in land development, we have access to construction-ready development plots in inner-city locations. As a result, we are always in close contact with municipal authorities from an early stage. In many cases, our expert knowledge of local markets and of urban development issues simplifies the process of gaining planning permission.
Our building construction projects focus on future markets as well as on third-party use of the properties. It goes without saying that sustainability is a key concern throughout. Our track record demonstrates the trust placed in us. And by completing projects on budget and on schedule, we truly earn this trust.